The possibilities to make a difference are endless, and The Ohio State University is positioned to lead the change.
Find out more
Prospective Graduate Students
Graduate program staff are happy to answer any questions about the PhD or MS program.
Check out: Graduate Research Area and Associated Labs
Welcome from Chengcheng Yao, Ph.D. Alumni
Welcome from Mary (Scherer) Berkley, (BS/MS) MS Alumni
Consulting the Academic Calendar before an in-person visit is recommended.
Interested in a visit to Ohio State's College of Engineering?
Apply to our Graduate Engineering Open House (in autumn each year) to meet faculty & staff, tour labs and research centers, and learn how to create a competitive application.
Travel stipends may be available - APPLY TODAY
Prospective Undergraduate Students:
If you're considering attending The Ohio State University as an undergraduate, schedule a visit to come see us by contacting the College of Engineering recruitment team.
Engineering visits vary throughout the course of the year. In order to get the most accurate listing of visit options please go to campusvisit.osu.edu. Helpful scheduling instructions are found here.
In order to get the most out of your campus visit, students are encouraged to coordinate an Admissions Overview and Campus Tour on the same day as an engineering visit.
First, however, we recommend taking an admissions overview and tour of the entire university so you can experience campus and learn more about everything Ohio State has to offer. We also recommend attending the College of Engineering overview and tour. Both tours can be scheduled for the same visit.
Engineering Overview Only – a one-hour presentation that highlights the various engineering majors, curriculum, co-op/internship opportunities, and student involvement. This session is general engineering information and is for ALL prospective engineering students regardless of major interest. A copy of the Engineering Self-Guided Walking Tour can be picked up after the overview presentation. Occurs when engineering student ambassadors are not available to provide engineering tours (summer semester).
Engineering Overview & Tour – two-hour program that includes a one-hour presentation that highlights the various engineering majors, curriculum, co-op/internship opportunities, and student involvement. The second hour consists of a student-led tour of the engineering block (student tour guide majors may vary based on student availability), does not include a residence hall. Offered during autumn and spring semesters for prospective, admitted, and transfer students.
Engineering Overview & Tour for Admitted Students – same visit as the Engineering Overview & Tour (see above) but reserved for admitted students only. Occurs during the spring semester.
* Transfer Students: Please call 614-292-2651 to set up an appointment to learn more about the College of Engineering transfer process.
- Engineering visits are not offered on the weekends, with the exception of specific events.
- Regularly scheduled engineering visits are not hosted on university holidays, breaks, and during final exams. Check the university calendar before you plan your visit.
- Classroom observations are not offered.
- The College of Engineering Office of Undergraduate Recruitment is the primary source of information and visits for all engineering students (pre-orientation status) at Ohio State. Faculty and academic advisors play a large and very important role in focusing on currently enrolled students. Meetings with academic advisors can be scheduled through the recruitment office, please call 614-292-2651.
Need help scheduling an undergraduate visit online?
Please follow the steps below to sign up for an engineering visit:
- Go to https://visit.osu.edu
- Determine whether you are a Prospective Freshman, Transfer Student or Admitted freshman and click on the link under the appropriate title. (Example: If you are a prospective student and are not yet admitted to Ohio State click on “Admissions Overview and Tour” under Prospective freshmen.)
- Begin the registration process.
- Review the visit calendar and click on a date(s) you are interested in to see the specific programs offered that day.
- After reviewing each available session and its descriptions please click “Add” next to the session(s) you wish to attend that day. They will then be added to your visit itinerary at the bottom of the page. Please read the descriptions to make certain that you are signing up for the event that best fits your needs. Note: The “Admissions Overview & Tour” does not cover engineering information. The Aviation/Airport Tour only discusses the Aviation Major, no other fields of engineering are included.
- Review your visit itinerary. After adding all of the desired sessions click “Continue registration”
- Finish the registration process by completing the form. An email confirmation will be sent to confirm your registration.