You are here
- Home >
- Student eTimesheet tips and FAQs
Student eTimesheet tips and FAQs
- Navigate to https://etimesheet.osu.edu
- Sign on with your OSU name.# and password
- From the home page, go to “Preferences” and select “In/Out Timesheet”, and save this preference.
- Enter your in/out times each day and click “Save for Later” at the bottom of the timesheet each day you work.
- Click “Submit” each week before leaving on your last day of each work week!
- If your time is not submitted and approved, YOU WILL NOT BE PAID.
- Late timesheets will not be processed until the following pay period.
- Monitor your OSU email account for approval notifications or requests to re-submit. You may need to check your junk email folder.
Contact 8Help (688-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you don’t know your name.# and/or password.
Contact your department HR representative if you receive the error message “Access Denied” or cannot sign into eTimesheet.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Will I get a reminder that my timesheet is due?
A. No, an automatic notification is NOT generated by eTimesheet. Departments will share a timesheet deadline calendar with staff, and employees can view the status of their timesheets on the eTimesheet site.
Q. What if my supervisor is absent when my timesheet is due?
A. Supervisors have backup\approvers who can approve in their absence. You can identify the backupapprover on the submitted timesheet or leave request; approvers and backup approvers display under the “Workflow” section.
Q. What if I am absent and cannot submit my timesheet?
A. The timesheet is web based and can be submitted from anywhere.
Q. Can you edit comments in a saved timesheet (that has not been submitted for approval)? Are there any times you can edit comments?
A. Comments cannot be changed after the leave request or timesheet is saved, regardless of whether the timesheet or leave has been routed for approval.
Q. Is there a delay when submitting a timesheet for approval?
A. No, supervisors can view submitted timesheets or leave requests immediately after they are submitted. Once they are approved (or denied), the employee has immediate access to the timesheet or leave request.
Q. What email notifications will we receive?
A. Employees receive email notifications in these instances:
- when a timesheet is submitted by the employee or by another person on the employee’s behalf
- when a supervisor approves or denies a timesheet
- when a timesheet needs to be resubmitted
Supervisors receive an email notification when a timesheet has been submitted.
Q. If I have not worked during a pay period, should I submit a timesheet?
A. You don’t need to submit a timesheet if no hours were worked