Dr. Saeedeh Ziaeefard graduated from Michigan Technological University with a Master's and a Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, focusing on control theory and autonomous systems. Her main focus during her graduate studies was improving the maneuverability of underwater vehicles.
Before attending Michigan Tech, she earned a Master's degree in Ocean Engineering from Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT), Tehran. She studies naval architect, hydromechanics, and wave theory. Dr. Z worked in the shipbuilding and offshore industry for six years before moving to the United States.
Her office is located in Dreese Laboratories, room 664.
PUBLICATION (Peer Reviewed)
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Brian R Page, Anthony J Pinar, Nina Mahmoudian, Effective turning motion control of internally actuated autonomous underwater vehicles, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 2018
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard and Nina Mahmoudian, Marine Robotics: An Effective Interdisciplinary Approach to Promote STEM Education, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 2018
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Michele H Miller, Mo Rastgaar, Nina Mahmoudian, Co-robotics hands-on activities: A gateway to engineering design and STEM learning, Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 2017
- Brian R Page, Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Anthony J Pinar, Nina Mahmoudian, Highly maneuverable low-cost underwater glider: Design and development, Journal of IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2017
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Nina Mahmoudian, Building Micro Underwater Gliders: Lesson Plan for Exploring Engineering Design and Understanding Forces and Interaction, Michigan Science Teacher Association (MSTA), 2016
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard and Nina Mahmoudian, Marine Robotics: An Effective Interdisciplinary Approach to Promote STEM Education, International Conference on Robotics and Education, RiE 2017
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Brian R Page, Lauren Knop, Guilherme A Ribeiro, Michele Miller, Mo Rastgaar, Nina Mahmoudian, GUPPIE program—A hands-on STEM learning experience for middle school students, Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 2017
- Brian R Page, Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Barzin Moridian, Nina Mahmoudian, Learning autonomous systems—An interdisciplinary project-based experience, Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 2017
- Lauren Knop, Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Guilherme A Ribeiro, Brian R Page, Evandro Ficanha, Michele H Miller, Mo Rastgaar, Nina Mahmoudian, A human-interactive robotic program for middle school STEM education, , Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE), 2017
- Michele Miller, Nina Mahmoudian, Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Mo Rastgaar, Micah R Koller, Motivation Factors for Middle and High School Students in Summer Robotics Program (Fundamental), 2017
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Brian R Page, Anthony J Pinar, Nina Mahmoudian, A novel roll mechanism to increase maneuverability of autonomous underwater vehicles in shallow water, OCEANS MTS/IEEE Monterey, 2016
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Nina Mahmoudian, Michele Miller, Mo Rastgaar, Engaging Students in STEM Learning through Co-robotic Hands-on Activities (Evaluation), ASEE 123rd Annual Conference and Exposition 2016
- Michele Miller, Nina Mahmoudian, Mo Rastgaar, Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Amy Joy Patterson, Jacob Bailey, Adding Meaningful Context to Robotics Programs (Work in Progress), ASEE 123rd Annual Conference and Exposition 201
- Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Guilherme Aramizo Ribeiro, Nina Mahmoudian, GUPPIE, underwater 3D printed robot a game changer in control design education, American Control Conference (ACC), 2015
- Guilherme Aramizo Ribeiro, Anthony Pinar, Eric Wilkening, Saeedeh Ziaeefard, Nina MahmoudianA multi-level motion controller for low-cost underwater gliders, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2015
More detail available at Google Scholar profile.