- Welcome from the Chair
- Ohio State ECE At-A-Glance
- Contact Us
- Visit Us
- 5-year Strategic Plan
- Industrial Advisory Board
- ECE Outreach Program
- Administrative & Student Resources (internal)
- Job Openings in the Department
- Computer and IT Resources
- Professor, Electrical & Computer Engr.
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
PhD 2005, Michigan State University
Areas of interest
Power electronics circuits and control, interface for renewable energy sources, hybrid electrical vehicle/fuel cell vehicle, high power converters and inverters, Flexible AC Transmission System devices (FACTS), high voltage engineering
221 Caldwell Laboratory
Harrison Faculty Award for Excellence in Engineering Education. College of Engineering.
CAREER Award. National Science Foundation.
Lumley Research Award. College of Engineering, The Ohio State University.
Ralph L. Boyer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Innovation. College of Engineering, The Ohio State University.
Richard M. Bass Outstanding Young Power Electronics Engineer Award. IEEE Power Electronics Society.
College of Engineering Instructional Technology Development. College of Engineering, The Ohio State University.
2009 President's Salute to Undergraduate Achievement. The Ohio State University.
- K. Yang, Q. Zhang, R. Yuan, W. Yu and J. Wang, 2016, "Selective Harmonic Elimination for Multilevel Converter with Groebner Bases and Symmetric Polynomials." IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 31, 2742 - 2752.
- H. Li, L. Liu, J. Wang, 2016, "Paralleled Operation of High Voltage Cascode GaN HEMTs." IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics 4, 815 - 823.
- X. Zhang, C. Yao, and J. Wang, 2016, "A Quasi-Switched-Capacitor Resonant Converter." IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 31, 7849 - 7856.
- B. Chen, C. Zhang, C. Tian, J. Wang and J. Yuan, 2016, "A Hybrid Electrical Magnetic Power Quality Compensation System With Minimum Active Compensation Capacity for V/V Cophase Railway Power Supply System." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 31, no. 6, 4159 - 4170.
- K. Yang, Q. Zhang, R. Yuan, W. Yu, J. Wang, 2016, "Selective Harmonic Elimination With Groebner Bases and Symmetric Polynomials." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 31, no. 4, 2742 - 2752.
- L. Herrera, L. Cong, Y. Xiu, J. Wang, 2015, "FPGA-Based Detailed Real-Time Simulation of Power Converters and Electric Machines for EV HIL Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS 51, no. 2, 1702 - 1712.
- J. Yuan, Z. Zhao, C. Li, B. Chen and J. Wang, 2015, "An Immune-Algorithm-Based Dead-Time Elimination PWM Control Strategy in a Single-Phase Inverter." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 30, no. 7, 3964 - 3975.
- Z. Wang, K. Passino, J. Wang, 2015, "Optimal Reactive Power Allocation in Large-Scale Grid-Connected Photovoltaic Systems." JOURNAL OF OPTIMIZATION THEORY AND APPLICATIONS 167, no. 2, 761 - 779.
- K. Yang, Z. Yuan, R. Yuan, W. Yu, J.X. Yuan, J. Wang, 2015, "A Groebner Bases Theory-Based Method for Selective Harmonic Elimination." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 30, no. 12, 6581 - 6592.
- D. Ahamadi, and J. Wang, 2014, "Online Selective Harmonic Compensation and Power Generation With Distributed Energy Resources." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 29, no. 7, 3738 - 3747.
- C. Li, D. Jiao, J. Jia, F. Guo and J. Wang, 2014, "Thermoelectric Cooling for Power Electronics Circuits: Modeling and Active Temperature Control." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS 50, no. 6, 3995 - 4005.
- C. Li, L. Herrera, J. Jia, L. Fu, Y, Huang, A. Isurin, A. Cook and J. Wang, 2014, "Design and Implementation of a Bidirectional Isolated Cuk Converter for Low-Voltage and High-Current Automotive DC Source Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY 63, no. 6, 2567 - 2577.
- F. Guo, L. Fu, C. Lin, C. Li, W. Choi, and J. Wang,, 2013, "Development of an 85-kW Bidirectional Quasi-Z-Source Inverter With DC-Link Feed-Forward Compensation for Electric Vehicle Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 28, no. 12, 5477 - 5488.
- M. Shen, J. Wang, F. Z. Peng, L.M. Tolbert, D.J. Adams, 2006, "Constant boost control of the Z-source inverter to minimize current ripple and voltage stress." IEEE Transactiosn on Industry Applications 42, no. 3, 770 - 778.
- L. Herrera, W. Zhang, and J. Wang, "Stability Analysis and Controller Design of DC Microgrids With Constant Power Loads." IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid
Papers in Proceedings
- H. Li, C, Yao, C. Han, Alex J. Brothers, X. Zhang, and J. Wang "Evaluation of 600 V GaN Based Gate Injection Transistors for High Temperature and High Efficiency Applications." JOURNAL: "The 3rd. IEEE Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA2015)." in The 3rd. IEEE Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA2015). (11 2015). 85 - 91.
- H. Li, M. Alsolami, Y. Xiao, X. Dong, K. Zhu, and J. Wang "Life Test Design for Retired xEV Batteries Aiming at Smart Home Applications." JOURNAL: "2015 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Expo (ECCE)." in 2015 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Expo (ECCE). (9 2015). 4967 - 4972.
- L. Herrera, C. Li, X. Yao, D. Jiao and J. Wang "FPGA Based Real Time Electro-Thermal Modeling of Power Electronic Converters." in 28th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC). NEW YORK, (1 2013). 1725 - 1729.
- L. Herrera, F. Guo, E.Inoa and J. Wang "Small Signal Modeling and Networked Control of a PHEV Charging Facility." in IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE). NEW YORK, (1 2012). 3411 - 3416.