- Welcome from the Chair
- Ohio State ECE At-A-Glance
- Contact Us
- Visit Us
- 5-year Strategic Plan
- Industrial Advisory Board
- ECE Outreach Program
- Administrative & Student Resources (internal)
- Job Openings in the Department
- Computer and IT Resources
- Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engr.
205 Dreese Laboratories
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Jian Tan joined the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering as an assistant professor in January 2016.
Previously, he worked at IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY and the Institute of Data Science and Technology of Alibaba, Seattle, WA.
He received M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Columbia University in 2004 and 2008, respectively, and a B.S. degree from University of Science and Technology of China in 2002, all in Electrical Engineering.
His current research interests focus on stochastic modeling and statistical algorithms for networks and distributed systems.