- Welcome from the Chair
- Ohio State ECE At-A-Glance
- Contact Us
- Visit Us
- 5-year Strategic Plan
- Industrial Advisory Board
- ECE Outreach Program
- Administrative & Student Resources (internal)
- Job Openings in the Department
- Computer and IT Resources
- Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engr.
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
PhD in electrical engineering and computer science from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2013, with a minor in management; MS in electrical engineering and computer science, MIT, 2009; BE in electric engineering and automation, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2007
Jiankang Wang joined the faculty at The Ohio State University in January 2014 with a joint appointment in ECE and Integrated Systems Engineering. Her research focuses on emerging technologies of modern power system operation and planning, electricity markets, reconfiguration, demand side management, distributed generation and renewable energy.
These technologies represent a highly promising trend of power system evolution.
219 Caldwell Labs
The Martin Family Society of Fellows for Sustainability. Martin family.
- JK Wang. "A resilient electric grid for smart cities." In Smart Cities: Foundations and Principles, edited by Houbing Song, Ravi Srinivasan, Tamim Sookoor, Sabina Jeschke,
- Wang,Jiankang; Kennedy,Scott,W; Kirtley,James,L, 2014, "Optimization of Forward Electricity Markets Considering Wind Generation and Demand Response." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID 5, no. 3, 1254 - 1261.
- Wang,Jiankang; Carvalho,Pedro,MS; Kirtley,James,L, 2013, "Improving Transformers' Utilization Under Single Contingency Policy and Customer Reliability Requirements." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SMART GRID 4, no. 4, 2384 - 2391.
- Yuhong Wang, Jiankang Wang, "Using HVDC to Disperse Reserves and Enhance Frequency Response under Large-Scale Renewable Generation." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
- Jiankang Wang, "A Protection Scheme in Active Distribution Networks with High Penetration of Renewable Energy Sources." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER DELIVERY
Papers in Proceedings
- Wang,Jiankang; Kirtley,James,L; Carvalho,Pedro,MS "A Method to Visualize Interaction of Distributed Generation and Feeders' Voltage Profiles." JOURNAL: "Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), 2013 IEEE PES." in Conference of the IEEE PES on Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT). (1 2013). 1 - 6.
- J. Wang, P. Carvalho, J. Kirtley "Factors influencing voltage profiles of distributed-generation integrated feeders." JOURNAL: "2013 PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference." in 2013 PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference. (2 2013). 1 - 6.
- Wang,J; Kirtley,James; Carvalho,Pedro,MS "Improving Transformer's Utilization under Customer Reliability Requirements." in General Meeting of the IEEE-Power-and-Energy-Society (PES). NEW YORK, (1 2013). 1 - 6.
- J. Wang, P. Carvalho, J. Kirtley "Emergency reconfiguration and distribution system planning under the single-contingency policy." JOURNAL: "2012 PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference." in 2012 PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference. (1 2012). 1 - 6.
- J. Wang, S. Kennedy, J. Kirtley, "A new wholesale bidding mechanism for enhanced demand response in smart grids." JOURNAL: "First Conference of Innovative Smart Grid Technologies." in First Conference of Innovative Smart Grid Technologies. (1 2010). 1 - 6.
- J. Wang, S. Kennedy, J. Kirtley "Optimization of time-based rates in forward energy markets." JOURNAL: "the 7th Conference on the European Energy Market." in the 7th Conference on the European Energy Market. (6 2010). 1 - 6.
- Christian Moya, Chih-Che Sun, JK Wang, Chen-Ching Liu "defense against measurement attacks on sub-transmission level." in 2016 power and energy society general meeting.
- Danielle Meyer, JongChan Choi, Jiankang Wang "Increasing EV Public Charging with Distributed Generation in the Electric Grid." in 2015 IEEE Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC).
- JK Wang, Christian Moya "attack path reconstruction from adverse consequences on power grids." in CPSR-SG 2016 - Joint International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Security and Resilience in Smart Grids.