- Associate Professor, Electrical & Computer Engr.
Caldwell Labs, Rm 301
2024 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Ayman Fayed received his B.Sc. in Electronics & Communications Engineering from Cairo University in 1998, and his M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering from The Ohio State University in 2000 and 2004
respectively. From 2000 to 2009, he held several technical positions in the area of analog and mixed-signal design at Texas Instruments Inc., where he contributed to many product lines for wire-line, wireless, and
multi-media devices. From 2000 to 2005, he was with the Connectivity Solutions Dept. at TI, where he worked on the analog frontend design of high-speed wire-line transceivers such as USB, IEEE1394b, and HDMI, and on
fully integrated switching/linear regulators and battery chargers for portable media players. From 2005 to 2009, he was a member of the technical staff with the wireless analog technology center at TI, where he worked on
delta-sigma data converters for various wireless standards, and on the development of fully-integrated power management solutions for mixed-signal SoCs with multi-RF cores in nanometer CMOS. Dr. Fayed joined the Dept. of
Electrical & Computer Engineering at Iowa State University in 2009, where he held the Northrop Grumman Assistant Professorship. He then joined the Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering at The Ohio State University
in 2015 as an associate professor. He is the founder and director of the Power Management Research Lab (PMRL) and his current research interests include on-chip power grids for dynamic energy distribution in
highly-integrated systems, high-frequency switching regulators with on-chip and on-package passives for SoCs, low-noise power supply modulators for RF transmitters, energy-harvesting platforms for power-restricted &
remotely-deployed systems, and power conversion in emerging technologies. Dr. Fayed is a senior member of IEEE, an associate editor for IEEE TCAS-II, and serves in the technical program committee of RFIC, ISCAS, and the
steering committee of MWSCAS. He is a recipient of 2013 NSF CAREER Award.
 Chih-Wei Chen and Ayman Fayed, "A Low-Power Dual-Frequency SIMO Buck Converter Topology with Fully-Integrated Outputs and Fast Dynamic Operation in 45-nm CMOS," IEEE JSSC, in press 2015. Available on IEEE Xplore.
 Wei Fu, M. Radhakrishnan, S. T. Tan, R. Byrd and Ayman Fayed, "A DCM-only Buck Regulator with Hysteretic-Assisted Adaptive Minimum Constant On-time Control for Low-Power Microcontrollers," IEEE Transactions on
Power Electronics, in press 2015. Available on IEEE Xplore.
 Yongjie Jiang and Ayman Fayed, "A 1A, 20MHz/100MHz Dual-Inductor 4-Output Buck Converter with Fully-Integrated Bond-Wire-Based Output Filters for Ripple Reduction," IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC
2015), San Jose, California, Sept. 2015.
 Mina Nashed and Ayman Fayed, "Variable Switching Noise Mitigation in Hysteretic Power Converters using Spur-Free Control," IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC 2015), pp. 410-413, Charlotte, North
Carolina, Mar. 2015.
 Ahmed Abdelmoaty and Ayman Fayed, "A Single-Step, Single-Inductor Energy-Harvesting-based Power Supply Platform with a Regulated Battery Charger for Mobile Applications," IEEE Applied Power Electronics
Conference (APEC 2015), pp. 666-669, Charlotte, North Carolina, Mar. 2015.
 Ayman Fayed and Chengwu Tao, "System and Method for Providing Power via a Spurious-Noise-Free Switching Device," US Patent 8,901,905, granted Dec. 2014.
 Ayman A. Fayed, Russell Byrd, and Baher Haroun, "System and method for common mode translation," US Patent 8,120,425, granted Feb.12, 2012.
 Yogesh Ramadass, Ayman A. Fayed, and Baher Haroun, "Circuit and Method for a Fully Integrated Switched-Capacitor Step-Down Power Converter," US Patent 7,907,429, granted March 15, 2011.
- Fayed, A.; Ismail, M.. 2006. "Adaptive Techniques for Mixed Signal System on Chip." Springer Science & Business Media.
- Ismail, M.; Park, S.B.; Fayed, A.A.; Wassenaar, R.F.. 2016. "Operational transconductance amplifiers." In The VLSI Handbook: Second Edition, edited by Chen, W-K.,
- Nashed, M.; Fayed, A.A., 2018, "Current-Mode Hysteretic Buck Converter With Spur-Free Control for Variable Switching Noise Mitigation." IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 33, no. 1, 650-664 - 650-664.
- Abdelmoaty, A.A.; Al-Shyoukh, M.; Hsu, Y-C.; Fayed, A.A., 2017, "A MPPT Circuit With 25 mu W Power Consumption and 99.7% Tracking Efficiency for PV Systems." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS I-REGULAR PAPERS 64, no. 2, 272-282 - 272-282.
- Fu, W.; Tan, S.T.; Radhakrishnan, M.; Byrd, R. et al., 2016, "A DCM-Only Buck Regulator With Hysteretic-Assisted Adaptive Minimum-On-Time Control for Low-Power Microcontrollers." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS 31, no. 1, 418-429 - 418-429.
- Tao, C.; Fayed, A.A., 2013, "PWM Control Architecture With Constant Cycle Frequency Hopping and Phase Chopping for Spur-Free Operation in Buck Regulators." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VERY LARGE SCALE INTEGRATION (VLSI) SYSTEMS 21, no. 9, 1596-1607 - 1596-1607.
- Burkland, W.A.; Tao, C.; Fayed, A.A., 2013, "Output switching noise spectral analysis and modeling in buck regulators." MICROELECTRONICS JOURNAL 44, no. 5, 373-381 - 373-381.
- Tao, C.; Fayed, A.A., 2012, "A Low-Noise PFM-Controlled Buck Converter for Low-Power Applications." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS I-REGULAR PAPERS 59, no. 12, 3071-3080 - 3071-3080.
- Tao, C.; Fayed, A.A., 2012, "A GSM Power Amplifier Directly-Powered From a DC-DC Power Converter." IEEE MICROWAVE AND WIRELESS COMPONENTS LETTERS 22, no. 1, 38-40 - 38-40.
- Tao, C.; Fayed, A.A., 2011, "A Buck Converter With Reduced Output Spurs Using Asynchronous Frequency Hopping." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS II-EXPRESS BRIEFS 58, no. 11, 709-713 - 709-713.
- Fayed, A.A.; Ismail, M., 2008, "A low-voltage low-power CMOS analog adaptive equalizer for UTP-5 cables." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS I-REGULAR PAPERS 55, no. 2, 480-495 - 480-495.
- Fayed, A.A.; Ismail, M., 2006, "A digital calibration algorithm for implementing accurate on-chip resistors." Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing 47, no. 3, 259-272 - 259-272.
- Fayed, A.A.; Ismail, M., 2005, "A low-voltage, highly linear voltage-controlled transconductor." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS II-EXPRESS BRIEFS 52, no. 12, 831-835 - 831-835.
- Fayed, A.A.; Ismail, M., 2003, "A high speed, low voltage CMOS offset comparator." ANALOG INTEGRATED CIRCUITS AND SIGNAL PROCESSING 36, no. 3, 267-272 - 267-272.
- Fayed, A.A., "pending paper." IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS I-REGULAR PAPERS
- "Power Supply Noise Mitigation techniques for RF PAs." 2015, Presented at IEEE RFIC Symposium,
- "Efficient Powering of RF PAs using DC-DC Power Supplies." 2013, Presented at IEEE Compound Semiconductor IC Symposium,
- "Spur-Free Switching Power Converters and Other Emerging Topics in Integrated Power Management for SoCs." 2018, Presented at Air Force Research Lab,
- "Spur-Free Switching Power Converters for Analog and RF Loads." 2015, Presented at IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society, UAE Chapter,
Papers in Proceedings
- Fayed, A.A.; IEEE, "Efficient Powering of RF PAs using DC-DC Power Supplies." (1 2013).
- Tao, C.; Fayed, A.A. "Spurious-noise-free buck regulator for direct powering of analog/RF loads using PWM control with random frequency hopping and random phase chopping." (5 2011).
- Ramadass, Y.K.; Fayed, A.A.; Chandrakasan, A.P. "A Fully-Integrated Switched-Capacitor Step-Down DC-DC Converter With Digital Capacitance Modulation in 45 nm CMOS." (12 2010).
- Fayed, A.A.; Ismail, M. "A digital tuning algorithm for on-chip resistors." (9 2004).
- "System and Method for Providing Power via a Spurious-Noise-Free Switching Device." Patent number: 8,901,905