- Professor, Electrical & Computer Engr.
708 Dreese Laboratories
2015 Neil Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
PhD, 2005, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Areas of Interest
Sensor and wireless communication networks, distributed and randomized algorithms, network coding, and the application of optimization theory to network design and analysis.
760 Dreese Laboratories
Lumley Research Award.
Lumley Research Award.
NSF CAREER Award.
Vodafone Fellowship for Wireless Communications Research.
- 2009. Network Flow and Congestion Control. In Wiley Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Engineering, edited by Benjamin Wah,
- *Subhash Lakshminarayana and Atilla Eryilmaz, 2012, "Multi-Rate Multi-Casting with Intra-Layer Network Coding." IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking N/A, 12 pages - 12 pages.
- Haozhi Xiong, Ruogu Li, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Eylem Ekici, 2011, "Delay-Aware Cross-Layer Design for Network Utility Maximization in Multi-hop Networks." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Special Issue on "Trading Rate for Delay at the Transport and Application Layers" 29, 951-959 - 951-959.
- Atilla Eryilmaz, Desmond Lun, and *B. T. Swapna, 2011, "Control of Multi-hop Communication Networks for Intersession Network Coding." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, special issue on "Facets of Coding Theory: from Algorithms to Networks", a tribute to Ralf Koetter 57, 1092-1110 (IF: 2.725) - 1092-1110 (IF: 2.725).
- Ruogu Li, Atilla Eryilmaz, Lei Ying, and Ness Shroff, 2011, "A Unified Approach to Optimizing Performance in Networks Serving Heterogeneous Flows." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 19, 223-236 - 223-236.
- MinJi Kim, Jay Kumar Sundararajan, Muriel Medard, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Ralf Koetter, 2011, "Network Coding in a Multicast Switch." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 57, 436-460 - 436-460.
- Peter Marbach, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Asu Ozdaglar, 2011, "Asynchronous CSMA Policies in Multihop Wireless Networks with Primary Interference Constraints." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 57, 3644-3676 (IF: 2.725) - 3644-3676 (IF: 2.725).
- Atilla Eryilmaz, Asuman Ozdaglar, Devavrat Shah, and Eytan Modiano, 2010, "Distributed Cross-Layer Algorithms for the Optimal Control of Multi-hop Wireless Networks." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 18, 638-652 (IF: 2.284) - 638-652 (IF: 2.284).
- Ali ParandehGheibi, Atilla Eryilmaz, Asu Ozdaglar, and Muriel Medard, 2010, "On Resource Allocation in Fading Multiple-Access Channels–An Efficient Approximate Projection Approach." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 56, no. 9, 4417-4437 - 4417-4437.
- Loc Bui, Atilla Eryilmaz, R. Srikant, and Xinzhou Wu, 2008, "Asynchronous congestion control in multi-hop wireless networks with maximal matching-based scheduling." IEEE/ACM TRANSACTIONS ON NETWORKING 16, 826-839 (IF: 2.576) - 826-839 (IF: 2.576).
- Atilla Eryilmaz, Asuman Ozdaglar, Muriel Medard, and Ebad Ahmed, 2008, "On the Delay and Throughput Gains of Coding in Unreliable Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 54, 5511-5524 (IF: 3.793) - 5511-5524 (IF: 3.793).
- Loc Bui, Atilla Eryilmaz, R. Srikant, and Xinzhou Wu, 2008, "Joint Asynchronous Congestion Control and Distributed Scheduling for Multi-hop Wireless Networks." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 16, no. 4, 826-839 - 826-839.
- Lei Ying, R. Srikant, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Geir E. Dullerud, 2007, "Distributed Fair Resource Allocation in Cellular Networks in the Presence of Heterogeneous Delays." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Automatic Control 52, 129-134 (IF: 2.824) - 129-134 (IF: 2.824).
- Lei Ying, R. Srikant, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Geir E. Dullerud, 2006, "A Large Deviations Analysis of Scheduling in Wireless Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 52, 5088-5098 (IF: 1.938) - 5088-5098 (IF: 1.938).
- Atilla Eryilmaz and R. Srikant, 2006, "Joint Congestion Control, Routing and MAC for Stability and Fairness in Wireless Networks." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, special issue on Nonlinear Optimization of Communication Systems 24, no. 8, 1514-1524 - 1514-1524.
- Atilla Eryilmaz, R. Srikant, and James R. Perkins, 2005, "Stable Scheduling Policies for Fading Wireless Channels." IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking 13, 411-424 (IF: 2.811) - 411-424 (IF: 2.811).
- Bin Li and Atilla Eryilmaz, "Efﬁcient Distributed Channel Probing for Opportunistic Scheduling Over Wireless Fading Channels." IEEE/ACM Transactions in Networking (submitted)
- John Tadrous, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Hesham El Gamal, "Proactive Resource Allocation: Harnessing the Diversity and Multicast Gains." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory (submitted)
- Atilla Eryilmaz and R. Srikant, "Asymptotically Tight Steady-State Queue Length Bounds Implied By Drift Conditions." QUESTA
- "Opportunities and Challenges in Networking: A Unifying Approach." 2007,
- "Tutorial: Architecture and Algorithm Design in Wireless Networks." 2009, Presented at Illinois Wireless Summer School,
- "The cost of information for resource allocation in wireless networks." 2010, Presented at Information Theory and Applications (ITA) Workshop,
- "Resource Allocation and Pricing in Multi-hop Wireless Networks." 2005, Presented at INFORMS Annual Meeting,
- "Tutorial: Optimization and Algorithms for Resource Allocation in Wireless Networks." 2008, Presented at ACM Sigmetrics,
- "Lyapunov-based steady-state analysis of queueing systems: heavy-traffic-optimality of JSQ routing." 2011, Presented at ITA,
- "Randomized Algorithms for Optimal Network Control in Wireless Networks." 2007, Presented at International Conference on Continuous Optimization,
- "Delay performance improvement of throughput-optimal resource allocation algorithms in multi-hop networks." 2010, Presented at Information Theory and Applications (ITA) Workshop,
- "A Lyapunov-based Proof of Heavy-Traffic-Optimality of Join the Shortest Queue (JSQ) Routing." 2010, Presented at INFORMS,
- "Control of Multi-Hop Wireless Networks for Efficiency and Fairness." 2006,
- "Resource Allocation in Multi-hop Wireless Networks." 2006,
- "On Serving Multiple Unicast Sessions with Inter-Session Network Coding." 2006, Presented at INFORMS Annual Meeting,
- "Network Coding: Algorithms and Performance." 2006,
- "Distributed Control of Multihop Wireless Networks for Full Utilization." 2006, Presented at INFORMS Annual Meeting,
- "Asymptotically Throughput-Optimal CSMA Scheduling for Multi-hop Wireless Networks." 2008, Presented at Workshop on the Theory of Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks (THASN),
Papers in Proceedings
- N. Sugavanam, C. E. Koksal, A. Eryilmaz "Color of Interference and Joint Encoding and Medium Access in Large Wireless Networks." in Asilomar. (11 2012).
- *Bin Li, and Atilla Eryilmaz "A Fast-CSMA Algorithm for Deadline-Constrained Scheduling over Wireless Fading Channels." in RAWNET. (5 2011).
- *Wenzhuo Ouyang, Sugumar Murugesan, Atilla Eryilmaz, and Ness B. Shroff "Exploiting Channel Memory for Joint Estimation and Scheduling in Downlink Networks." in IEEE Infocom Conference. (4 2011).
- *Wenzhuo Ouyang and Sugumar Murugesan and Atilla Eryilmaz and Ness B. Shroff "Scheduling with Rate Adaptation under Incomplete Knowledge of Channel/Estimator Statistics." in Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing. (9 2010).
- Hesham El Gamal, *John Tadrous, and Atilla Eryilmaz "Proactive Resource Allocation: Turning Predictable Behavior into Spectral Gain." in Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing. (9 2010).
- Ali ParandehGheibi, Muriel Medard, Asuman Ozdaglar, Atilla Eryilmaz "Information Theory vs. Queueing Theory for Resource Allocation in Multiple Access Channels." in 19th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC). (10 2008).
- Atilla Eryilmaz, Asuman E. Ozdaglar, Peter Marbach "A Queue-length-based Randomized Scheduler for Wireless Networks." in Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems,and Computers. (11 2007).
- Atilla Eryilmaz, Desmond S. Lun "Control for Inter-session Network Coding." in Workshop on Network Coding, Theory and Applications (NetCod). (1 2007).
- Atilla Eryilmaz, and R. Srikant "Fluid Models of Wireless Networks." in Summer Computer Simulation Conference (SCSC).. (6 2003).
- Hesham El Gamal, Atilla Eryilmaz, John Tadrous. "Predictive Network System and Method."
- Hesham El Gamal, Atilla Eryilmaz, Guiseppe Caire, Fei Sha, Margaret McLaughlin. "System and Method for Proactive Resource Allocation."
- Atilla Eryilmaz, Muriel Medard, Asu Ozdaglar. "A Method for Coding-based, Delay Efficient Data Transmission."