ECE Open House (for High School Seniors)
Saturday, April 5, 2014 | 1:00-4:30 p.m.
Dreese Labs Lobby, 2015 Neil Ave.
Registration for this event is closed!
Confused about what electrical and computer engineers do?
Have questions about electrical and computer engineering at Ohio State?
High school seniors and their parents are invited to the Electrical & Computer Engineering Open House on Saturday, April 5, to learn more about the electrical and computer engineering program at Ohio State. Get an overview of our program, tour our facilities, meet some of our faculty, talk to current students and experience a taste of what life is like as an electrical and computer engineering student.
- ECE program overview and Q&A session
- Tours of research facilities and teaching labs
- Information on ECE student organizations
- See the vehicles built by the Buckeye Bullet, EcoCAR2 and Buckeye Current teams
- Research displays
- Photonics Lab: Contains experiments and demonstrations in lasers, fiber optics, solar cells and liquid crystals, and other uses of light to solve engineering problems.
- High Voltage Lab: Creates some of the biggest sparks of any university in the nation using mega-volts generators.
- The Sophomore Experience Lab: An integrated learning environment for sophomores that includes space for learning, studying and socializing.
- Center for High Performance Power Electronics.
- ...and more!
Registration for this event is closed
If you have questions or need to change your reservation, please contact David Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 688-2212
Directions to Campus
From the north: From I-270, take SR 315 south. Exit at Lane Avenue and turn left.
From the south: From I-71 northbound, take Exit 106B onto SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue and turn right.
From the east: From I-70, take Exit 99C onto SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue and turn right.
From the west: From I-70, take Exit 96 onto I-670. Then, take Exit 2B onto SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue and turn right.
After exiting onto Lane Avenue you will cross a suspension bridge over the Olentangy River. Turn right at the stop light at Tuttle Park Place. Cross through the light at Woody Hayes Drive. Do not turn onto Ives Drive to the Northwest parking garage. Go past Ives Drive to the Tuttle Parking Garage and park. Dreese Labs is the building (see photo) just southeast of the parking garage. Enter via the east side of the building, from Neil Ave.