ECE Meetup: Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence (CDME)
One of the College of Engineering’s main goals at The Ohio State University is to bridge the needs of industry leaders with the educational, research, laboratory, equipment and student resources.
A recent endeavor to fit this goal is the establishment of the Center of Design and Manufacturing Excellence (CDME).
ECE alumnus Mark Morscher, organizer of the ongoing department alumni social/tech event series MeetUps, said it is fortunate ECE/EE Alumni Society Treasurer Vimal Buck is on the CDME staff. That connection has led to the most recent MeetUp event for Ohio State ECE alumni.
"He has offered to give us a behind-the-scenes tour of the facility, equipment and examples of what CDME offers to our Industry Partners, University Research and students," Morscher said.
At the next MeetUp event, attendees will meet at the West Campus facility where Buck will provide an overview of CDME, and host a tour of the facility, which includes a wide range of high tech manufacturing equipment, 3D printing and the impressive Maker Lab.
The Mission of CDME is:
• Bridge the gap between university research capabilities and the needs of industry
• Utilize the technical assets and expertise of The Ohio State University
• Create a common user facility with state-of-the-art equipment, creating a learning laboratory accessible to the industry, research community and students
• De-risk industry's participation and investment in new technology
• Build the future workforce of industry-ready students in design, manufacturing and technology innovation
Feel free to bring the future generation of Engineers who are interested in seeing the opportunities the career and Ohio State has to offer!
Thursday, Nov. 1, 6-8 p.m.
Center for Design and Manufacturing Excellence, CDME
1314 Kinnear Road
Columbus, Ohio 43212