Current Research Opportunities
Note: Engineering Career Services is the best source for up-to-date internship and employment opportunity information for Ohio State engineering students.
OPTOELECTRONICS RESEARCH POSITION
A highly-motivated semiconductor device scientist is needed to join our Optoelectronics Laboratory research team at Georgia State University as a postdoctoral researcher. Candidates should have a solid background in physics, electrical engineering, or materials science, with an emphasis on semiconductor device structures. Experience in FTIR measurements on IR devices will be an advantage. Our goal is to develop new concepts that may lead to the foundations for new device technologies and apply infrared techniques for minimally or noninvasive medical diagnosis.
A range of novel optical and transport phenomena in semiconductor quantum Nano and Micro structures are under investigation, with emphasis on the development of improved mid- to FIR (3-5 mm) detectors based on III-V materials. Research carried out at GSU optoelectronics lab includes: i) device design and simulations ii) optical and electrical characterization of the devices iii) iterative optimization based on experimental results. In addition we are also working on developing minimally invasive screening techniques for Cancer and Ulcerative Colitis and other diseases.
More details of our work can be found at our website:
For further information, please contact: Prof. Unil Perera, Department of Physics & Astronomy, 400 Science Annex, Atlanta, GA 30303. email@example.com
Engineering position at Ohio State:
Graduate Research Assistant position in Spring 2019:
Professor Roberto Myers is looking for a current ECE MS or PhD student to join his research team in spring 2019.
1) Research area: Molecular Beam Epitaxy growth of wide band gap semiconductor heterostructures, optoelectronic and thermoelectric characterization. https://myersgroup.engineering.osu.edu/
2) CV: please send a complete CV to Prof Myers @firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Deadline to reply: Dec. 31, 2018.
Vertiv seeking Associate Applications Engineer:
The Associate Applications Engineer supports the sales professionals by providing technical support to help sell Vertiv products. This includes providing technical information on Vertiv and Liebert products as well as the application for these products, assistance with custom product features and pricing, ancillary product selection and pricing, quotation of switchgear and battery systems, and order reviews.
• Provide prompt daily technical support of power conditioning and 3 phase UPS products to the sales representatives via telephone and email. Receive and respond to all inquiries from sales representatives and customers on the same day.
• Provide quotations on Special Feature Authorization (SFA) designs for the products.
• Support sales representative quotes. Support provided includes the following: custom drawings, pricing, SFA quotes, special battery and switchgear quotes, and specification reviews where applicable.
• Review required orders for SFA's and pricing and correct product selection.
• Provide submittal drawings for orders where applicable.
• Participates in trade shows, product shows, customer visits, witness tests, and other sales support activities.
• Provide best in class support to sales representatives and customers. This to be demonstrated by professional, friendly, timely, thorough and accurate interactions and responses to sales representatives and customers. Meeting project schedules and cost objectives.
• Provide technical solutions which exceed the capability of the competition.
• Complete timely and accurate order reviews.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
• At least 1+ years of experience in the engineering or power fields.
• Good basic understanding of electricity with special emphasis on 3-phase power.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
• Skill in personal computer use and various applications programs, i.e. spreadsheets, CAD, word processing, and communications.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to manipulate multiple tasks in a hectic environment.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and one-line diagrams.
• Team player and able to work on multiple projects.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $4.4 billion in sales, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Vertiv. Explore them now and join our team of 19,000 employees in making the future of our customers’ business possible. Learn more at vertivco.com or submit your resume to email@example.com