- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- MS Program Admissions
- PhD Program Admissions
- Application Process
- Transfer Credits
- Newsletter for incoming graduate students
- BS/MS Program
- Degrees & Requirements
- Funding Your Graduate Education
- Faculty Advisors
- Graduate Housing
- Graduate Program Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quarter to Semester Transition
- Transfer Credit
- Graduate Research Areas
- ECE At-A-Glance
- Resources & Links
- Contact Us
- Visit Us!
- About Ohio State
- About Engineering at Ohio State
- About Columbus
- Career Prospects
- Student Life
- Meet the Students (videos)
- Meet the Faculty (videos)
- Courses & Scheduling
- Honors Program
- Successful Alumni
- Graduate Research Areas
Consistently ranked in the top 10 percent nationally
Ohio State’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has an excellent academic and research reputation not only among peer programs, but also from industry and government research facilities.
The graduate program prepares students for technical leadership roles in industry, academia and government. The training provides students with a fundamental understanding of engineering sciences so that graduates can develop creative and innovative approaches to solve important engineering problems of interest to mankind. The program offers degrees leading to either a master of science or doctoral degree in electrical and computer engineering and there are many specializations to choose from.
In addition to the top 10 reasons to choose ECE at Ohio State, other points of pride for the ECE department include:
- Continuously ranked among the best in the nation, the department offers both undergraduate and graduate programs.
- World-renowned faculty who teach all courses and are highly-committed to education and research. The ECE Department’s 58 faculty members and 13 researchers include 20 IEEE fellows; many others being fellows in other societies. Many in the faculty are internationally renowned researchers with large research programs and a large number of graduate students.
- World-class laboratories and experimental facilities that cover research in virtually all areas of electrical and computer engineering. Notable labs and research centers affiliated with the department include: Ohio Supercomputer Center (OSC), ElectroScience Laboratory, Information Processing System Laboratory, Control Research Laboratory, Solid State Electronic and Photonics Laboratory, Mixed Signal Electronic Systems Lab and the High Performance Computing and Networking Lab. Learn more about ECE research.
- Some of the best and brightest ECE students in the United States and around the world choose Ohio State. Meet some of our graduate students.
- Training of our graduate students is recognized as outstanding by many companies and government agencies. Many of them come specifically to OSU to recruit students. Numerous OSU ECE alumni have gone on to have highly successful careers.
Explore this site to learn more about graduate programs in electrical and computer engineering, including graduate degrees and requirements, and answers to frequently asked questions. Please contact the graduate studies team at email@example.com with any additional questions.
Interested in a visit to Ohio State's College of Engineering?
Apply to our fall Graduate Engineering Open House to meet faculty & staff, tour labs and research centers, and learn how to create a competitive application.