Dr. Burn Lin Travel Grant Award
The Dr. Burn Lin Travel Grant Award is awarded to graduate students within The Ohio State University Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE). The funding allows graduate students to attend and present a paper at an upcoming conference in autumn, spring or summer term.
The grant is made possible due to a generous endowment from ECE distinguished alumnus Dr. Burn Lin. One-time awards to graduate students in the early stages of their academic career are awarded to cover conference travel expenses in the amount of $750 for domestic travel and $1,250 for international travel. Awards are based on the availability of funds as well as the total number of awards per faculty advisor.
- The student must be the first author of a paper submitted to a national or international conference of repute.
- The student must be presenting the work at the conference.
- The student must have passed the qualifying exam, but not have taken the candidacy exam at the time of submission. This last requirement is meant to encourage students to present their research early in their graduate student years.
- Before submitting the travel request, applicants should send a preliminary request to the Graduate Studies committee @ eng-Burn-Lin@osu.edu. Please include:
- Student name
- Advisor(s) name
- List all authors of the paper
- State the title of the paper
- Name of the conference, its location and venue
- Provide confirmation of student acceptance to the conference
- Provide approval confirmation from advisor