Reach Out: Student Wellness and Support Services
By nature, success in engineering requires many points of view, talents, and diverse backgrounds in order to solve societal problems and advance science.
To be a student, faculty or staff member in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering means being innately tied to a rich tapestry of diverse cultures, ethnicities and backgrounds from people all over the world. Not only do we help cultivate this diversity at ECE, we celebrate it.
For some students, being far away from home or being immersed in a different culture is challenging and the ECE department would like to proactively offer support in any way we can. Many of our professors started out as new students far away from home, and they can offer advice and insight. Contact your professor after class or at your convenience. The ECE Department Graduate Program Coordinators and Undergraduate Academic Advisors are also excellent resources for guidance and tips to making your time at Ohio State comfortable and supportive.
The Student Wellness Center has a robust resource database that can be filtered. It's a good place to start. There resources listed below.
The following links also offer numerous support services available at Ohio State:
- Academic Coaching, Dennis Learning Center
- Buckeye Food Alliance
- Counseling and Consultation Services (CCS) Self-help
- Counseling and Consultation Services (CCS) scheduling an appointment. See the short video on this page to know what to expect when setting an appointment referred to as triage.
- Council of Graduate Students (grants and travel awards opportunities)
- Disability Services (includes accessibility, test accommodations, advocacy...)
- Discrimination is against the Law: Ohio State University Human Resources
- Diversity in Engineering Resources
- Education and Human Ecology Food Pantry IN PAES A100
- Global Engagement, Office of International Affairs
- IEEE-Graduate Study Body
- Latino & Latina Engineering Graduate Student Association
- Minority Engineering Program
- Multi-Cultural Center
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Ohio State University Child Care Program
- Ohio State University Office of Student Life
- Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB)
- Ohio Union Activities Board (OUAB) Grad/Prof
- Ombuds Services Support in addressing academic/professional issues as a graduate students
- Recreational Sports at Ohio State
- RUOK? Buckeyes-Suicide Prevention
- Scarlet and Gray Financial Coaching
- SMART Lab Stress Management & Resiliency Training
- Society of Black Graduate Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- Student Advocacy Center
- Student Legal Services
- Student Wellness Center
- Sky Engineering (promote breathwork, meditation, and yoga for stress and support for students faculty and staff)
- Younkin Success Center
- Wellness Room at 18th Ave. Library (prayer, de-stress, quiet reflection...)
- Women in Engineering Graduate Council (WEG-C)
- Writing Center