- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Program
- Degrees & Requirements
- Funding Your Graduate Education
- BS/MS Program
- Handbooks, Forms & Deadlines
- Transfer Credit
- Newsletter for Incoming Graduate Students
- Graduate Program Contacts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quarter to Semester Transition
- Dr. Burn Lin Travel Grant Award
- ECE Graduating Ph.D. Survey
- Courses & Scheduling
- Student Life
- Resources & Links
- ECE Jobline
- Student Wellness and Support
- Upcoming events
If you have taken courses at the graduate level at another university, some credit may be transferable to your MS or PhD program at OSU. OSU Graduate School rules allow ECE to consider transfer of graduate credit only if your transcript explicitly shows the graduate level courses you wish to transfer were taken after the date you received the BS degree. Transfer of graduate level course credits which were taken before receiving the BS degree, even if these course credits are in excess of those required for your BS degree, is not permitted.
- Up to 6 semester credits may be transferred to either the MS thesis option or the MS nonthesis option, subject to approval of the ECE Graduate Studies Committee.
- Up to 19 semester credits beyond the 30 semester credits required for the MS degree may be transferred to the MS to PhD program (9 credits of course work and 10 dissertation credits), subject to approval of the ECE Graduate Studies committee.
- Up to 48 semester credits may be transferred from another institution into the direct BS to PhD program (24 credits of coursework and 24 dissertation credits), subject to approval of the ECE Graduate Studies committee. Residency requirements may limit the number of credits which may be counted toward a graduate degree.
To submit a Transfer of Graduate Credit request:
- Transfer of Graduate Credit requests are submitted online at gradforms.osu.edu.
- Select "Enrollment Forms" to find the Transfer of Graduate Credit form.
- Enter the faculty advisor name.
- To check the status after submission, select History tab within the form..
- To transfer individual graduate courses, the transcript must clearly indicate that the courses were taken for graduate credit beyond the requirements of the BS or MS degree. To transfer an MS degree, the transcript must clearly indicate an MS degree was awarded.
- To transfer individual graduate courses requires one Transfer of Graduate Credit request. To transfer an MS degree requires a separate Transfer of Graduate Credit request.
- The Final Official Transcript including Degree Certification submitted to the Graduate and Professional Admissions Office will be evaluated by the faculty advisor, the ECE Graduate Studies chair and the Graduate School.
For students admitted to the OSU PhD program after completing the OSU MS: If a student is admitted to the ECE OSU PhD program who completed the ECE MS at OSU, graduate course credits beyond the 30 credits required for the OSU ECE MS are automatically transferred to the PhD program.